I haven’t yet shared with you my GRRRL POWER playlist! This is a playlist that I listen to when I am feeling depressed or “whats the point”-y. After I listen to it I CAN DO ANYTHING! It was originally named the FEMINIST PLAYLIST but not all of it is feminist music however all of it makes you feel like you can punch the patriarchy in the face!
Here it is:
1) The first one is “Mr Big Stuff” by one hit wonder Jean Knight.
2) The next is “Hot Topic” by Le Tigre (WOOOO)
3) This is “NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS” by Salt’n’Pepper (They speak the truth)
4) Next is “Respect Yourself” by The Staple Singers
5) After that, “Rebel Girl” by Bikini Kill (The music is GUT despite the members faults)
6) Of course no playlist would be complete without NINA SIMONE! Today in the form of “I wish I knew how it would feel to be free”
7) “Your Revolution” by Sarah Jones (Not techniquely a song but amazing never the less)
8) Ending with the classic “You don’t own me” by Lesley Gore (possiblly the first feminist pop song)
I hope you have enjoyed the music!