Well, I have developed some ways of coping. So I don’t hurt myself, or other people, and I still have time for the things I enjoy doing and manage to struggle through the things I don’t. If you have a similar problem (i.e being an angsty teenager who enjoys sleeping and shouting rather more than she should) then this list may be the thing for you.
But then again not. It’s very specific, this list, tailored to my oddly specific tastes when it comes to not hitting things . Still, try it. I’m sure a hot bath will do wonders for anyone ever.
And without further ado – Jelly’s Guide to Getting Less Angry (or keeping angry when you want to be angry at things such as stupid people, whatever works for you):
- This song.
- Also this song.
- Reading a classic book I know I should read, and have been meaning to do so for years, and enjoying it, to my eternal surprise. Reasons why can be found here.
- Seeing my friends.
- Not seeing my friends. (I’m a fickle girl, you see.)
- Drawing on my walls. They look like this:
- Eating an entire bar of chocolate, or too much cake, or a Sherbet Fountain
- Perhaps this song as well.
- This cat, or better still, this website dedicated to cute videos of animals you never realised you wanted to see.
- A bath, as previously mentioned. Preferably one that goes on for more than an hour, accompanied by a book and a slice of cake.
- Putting on lots of make-up and posing shamelessly in my bed:
- Making a zine or a crappy piece of collaged art (my attempts can be seen here)
- Talking to my favourite people online, because weirdly enough, it’s much easier to talk about personal things when you can’t see the person, or is that just me? (take every example of everything I have ever posted online, ever: TMI)
- Flicking through art magazines or going to art galleries. This probably sounds really pretentious but I really like art, and if you are looking to date me (ha not likely) then an art gallery as a date will make me love you forever.
- Going for a walk or a run. I do not in anyway call myself athletic, but it is honestly really lovely to go out sometimes.
Like I said, this list is largely silly and entirely specific to moi. When I am really down, or really ill, or REALLY angry, this usually won’t help. Still, there is the chance that I can do something on this list that can change my day from shit to not-so-much. Please talk to me in the comments and tell me your suggestions for Getting Less Angry!